Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Elk City, OK

And you might ask, where is Elk City, OK? If you follow I-40 from AR to Oklahoma City, OK and keep going until you are getting closer to the NM line, that's where it is. Good thing we pulled in early because this park has filled up fast. Evidentally, there was a Good Sam rally in Albuquerque and 3800 campers are heading in all directions. Don didn't enjoy one close turn he had to make in this park without all the spaces being filled. It would be much more difficult right now. Tomorrow we head for Tucumcari, NM and hope all the rally attendees have scattered to the four corners.

1 comment:

  1. I know where Elk City is!! You are in MY STOMPING GROUNDS!! I grew up 30 miles south of Weatherford, Ok, which is right on I40. My cousins used to live in Elk City when we were growing up and we used to go there all the time. Be glad it's not tornado season!! ha
    Go to Carlsbad Caverns if you get a chance! I look forward to your adventures! Be careful and have a wonderful time!!! Hugs, Debbie

    ReplyDelete